Monday, January 8, 2018

Traction–Pattern Number 10

traction7

Lori and I have been working on this pattern for awhile now, it can never be said we rush the process!   I’m happy to introduce Highway 10 Designs newest release – Traction!  This pattern is now available in paper and PDF instant download in our Etsy shop here.   This is an intermediate level pattern and the only ruler you need is your 6” x 24” ruler to cut the angles. The pattern gives instructions for three different sized ranging from lap to queen.   We have made three samples of this quilt in different colour ways to show you how great it looks in different fabrics.   The first one pictured is the first on I made back in the summer in a light grey, back and yellow colour palette.  Very bold and masculine.  I quilted it with the Plush pantograph and used Quilters Dream Blend batting.

traction5

traction4

traction8

The second one Lori made and she used blue,  light grey and dark grey and it is our pattern cover quilt.  Lori did an amazing job custom quilting this one and I love how she extended the diamond design into the border.   The snow backdrop makes it look like tire tracks in the snow, hence the name!

tractionccover11

traction13

traction20

Now to our third sample which I pieced in light batiks in a more feminine colour palette with a light yellow, pink and a pink/yellow print.  The pantograph is Wave on Wave and the batting is Quilters Dream Blend.

trac1

trac3

I was having trouble finding a backing to match and them I remembered I know how to dye fabric!  So I did a bit of ice dyeing as we didn’t have any snow when I was quilting it. 

trac4

We also just printed our Stellar pattern so all ten of our patterns are now available in both paper and PDF in our Etsy shop.   

IMG_4535

4 comments:

  1. Summer and winter photo shoots. this is a super name for your latest design. truly lovely all over. And look at that snow up North. Maybe you have some in Emo as well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oooo, I really like this one - love how it can be bold, masculine, or feminine.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely and so easy to make non gender or gender specific

    ReplyDelete
  4. COngrats!! Its a beautiful and unique pattern!!

    ReplyDelete