I was able to work on my Medallion quilt this weekend and even got the binding on last night. This was a QAL project from Jenny’s Sew Kind Of Wonderful blog. They were very fast and easy to make and I changed the layout of mine to an offset pattern. I used my hand dyed fabrics for the colourful frames in the blocks and a commercial batik for the centers.
Quilted a continuous feather in the background and a flower motif in the centers of the medallions.
I wasn’t sure at first how to handle the outside edges of the background but then came up with the curved pebble design instead of trying to squish feathers on the other side. I didn’t quilt on the hand dyed fabrics as I wanted those to pop so just SID around them.