Tuesday, May 29, 2012

My Berry Curvy Quilt



Here is my Berry Curvy Quilt!  I just came up with the name when I started writing this post!   When I was at the retreat a few weeks ago and was working on this quilt a friend said that the colors of the fabrics reminded her of the color of berries.  So I had to get that into the title and I think it worked 'berry' well  :)

I used Jenny's Quick Curve Ruler to make this quilt and also used the free pattern that came with it to make a lap size quilt. The pattern is for a table runner but I just made more blocks!


I debated about custom quilting this one but finally came to the realization that whenever I custom quilt a quilt that I have made 'just for fun' for myself I find it hard to give away or donate.  And I love giving away the quilts I make, you can only use/hide so many around the house!   I now have a closet full of finished quilts that are too good to just donate but I don't really need, they were just fun to make.   I feel like I truly have an addiction when it comes to making quilts, I have to constantly be working on one or I feel lost.  I guess there are worse addictions one could have!


I used the Curlz panto, Dream Blend batting and So Fine thread.  These are all batik fabrics too.


Time to paint my toes to match my quilts again....it's almost summer here.  It was 7'c when I took this picture this morning so I'm pretending it's summer right now....I'm getting tired of waiting!





5 comments:

  1. Kathy...this is so pretty. I love the simplicity of it and I think the all over panto on it is perfect. It really is an addiction making quilts. I have a major addiction too. Funny to hear it from other people.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This turned out so great! I like your design...I think we put too much pressure on ourselves to do custom, when doing an overall design is fun...less stress...less thread....less time...should I go on? Oh...and cute toes ;o) !!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Berry Nice! I have a hard time parting with my quilts too... so many I have made are gifted. While I have many (too many) on hand, I sometimes wish I had them all to look at once again...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Once again, great photography, and a gorgeous quilt. I especially like the photo of your quilt hanging over your sign post.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your photos are always so gorgeous!!! LOVE how your quilt turned out. Love the beautiful jewel tones!!!

    ReplyDelete