Sunday, June 15, 2014

Quarter Sections – Fifth Pattern Published!

sections1
It’s been awhile since Lori and I published a new pattern so here is the latest from Highway 10 Designs, we are calling this one Quarter Sections.  One of the things I love about this pattern is that it reminds me of the view you have has you fly over the Canadian Prairies.   Since Lori lives in the prairies she got the job of taking pictures for our pattern cover this time as that was the backdrop we needed for this quilt.  We learned quickly that taking pictures of a quilt on the prairies was not an easy task, the wind never seemed to stop blowing!   Lori had quite a challenge on her hands but did a great job!  You can read her blog post about her adventures in quilt photography here.
sections3
We wanted to make a ‘Fat Quarter Friendly’ pattern for a while now and this one comes with 6 different size options from baby to king.  We used a fat quarter bundle called Botanics by Carolyn Friedlander for our twin sized cover quilt.  Then with the leftover fat quarters we made a baby sized quilt that we put on the back cover to show how fabric choice can really change the look of a quilt.    I was lucky enough to visit Lori twice in May so we were able to piece the quilt tops together and Lori did the quilting on both.
sections5
The name Quarter Sections come from division of agricultural land common in Canada and the US,  I like how it has a double meaning with this being Fat Quarter quilt.  :)   This is a great pattern for beginners as there are no seams to match up, or for more experienced quilters who have a large stash of fat quarters just waiting to be used! 
We have the PDF pattern available in our Etsy shop and hope to have the paper version available in about a months time.
cover photo

7 comments:

  1. Congratulations, Kathy and Lori. Quarter Sections looks great. I am sure it will be a very popular Highway !0 Design.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great quilt, love the name. How many FQ for a baby quilt?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I added a picture of our back cover so you can see!

      Delete
  3. Congratulations! love it in both colorways!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this one. It does remind me of the prairies, although, I've only ever driven through. I have a lot of fat quarters so I think I better scoot over and purchase this one. Thanks Kathy.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations! This is a beautiful quilt to make scrappy too, and it's perfect for both boys and girls! I'm getting this pattern for sure!
    Both of your quilts are beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congratulations - it's a beautiful pattern! It does remind me of the prairies. great job!

    ReplyDelete