Sunday, March 20, 2016

Rapid Fire Hunters Star

bw1

This is my guild Black and White Challenge entry for our quilt show in April.  Members were given 3 black and white print fat quarters as well as were asked to pick a marker out of a bag without looking.  The marker colour is our accent colour to add to the quilt.  We could also add solid black, solid white and more black and white print fabrics.   Here is the marker I picked and was happy to have found fabric that matched really well.

bw7

There was no size requirements for this challenge so I only made a small wall hanging that is 36” x 36”.  I used the Rapid Fire Hunters Star ruler to cut out the pieces and was really impressed with how it worked.

bw2bw6

I stitched in the ditch then added the feather motifs.  I didn’t quilt anything in the black and white print fabrics as the prints are quite bold.  Used white So Fine thread and Quilters Dream Blend batting.

bw4bw3

We had about 40 members buy kits for this challenge and I have seen a lot of them being worked on at our retreats and UFO days, even a few done and shown at Show and Tell.  I’m looking forward to seeing them all together at the show, it will be a great display!

bw5

10 comments:

  1. I love it. Your accent fabric really pops and such a great design.

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG!!! Your quilt is gorgeous!! I love the teal accent and your quilting is beautiful!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow - that is just beautiful! Your accent fabric is one of my favorites! It sure stands out so well!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! Beautiful quilt! The turquoise really makes a statement. Did you use the petite Rapid Fire Hunter's Star ruler or the large size?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous color combination and quilting.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful quilt. Love the accent color. Do you have a pattern? Thanks, Barbara

    ReplyDelete
  7. I will like to find the black and white fabric where do you buy it or brand name?

    ReplyDelete