Friday, July 8, 2016

Cassiopeia

cs8 - Copy

I wanted to make a summery version of our City Slicker pattern and chose the Gemstones Cassiopia from Cantik Batiks.  I also added a light batik from my stash for the background.   I wanted to custom quilt this one and come up with some new designs.  I decided on a leafy feather with a diamond lattice in the prints.  I also stitched in the ditch around all the background edges but not between the seams in the prints, I didn’t want to break up the diamond pattern.

cs - Copycs1a - Copy

One thing I did differently than I normally do is used all white So Fine thread.  I usually will switch to a dark neutral thread for the prints but I wanted to see how it would look.  I love the results and that saved a lot of time not having to change threads each row.

cs2 - Copycs5 - Copycs7 - Copy

I love the texture the feathers created in the background!

cs1 - Copy

cs3 - Copy

3 comments:

  1. Love the fabrics you used in this beautiful quilt.I really like the leafy feathers you quilted on this.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like and it definitely gives off a summery vibe.

    ReplyDelete