Friday, August 17, 2012

Tumbler Done


Had a good test run with the new Bliss upgrade today and the verdict is in, my machine feels like it lost 20 lbs!!  I just have to get use to the new feel so hope to work on a few more of my own quilts before September rolls around and I start taking client quilts again.


I used the panto Rhapsody on this one, Dream Blend batting and So Fine thread.


I had planned on quilting first thing in the morning but became distracted when I saw how calm the lake was.  There is just something about being out on the lake on a day like today that is so relaxing and peaceful.

Love the reflections in this picture.



The lake's water level is quite a bit lower than last year.  I posted this picture last summer of a rock reef.....


....and here it is today.... 


...with a fresh coat of 'paint'!





9 comments:

  1. That's awesome that your machine is moving soooo easily now!!! Sounds like it was the right decision to upgrade!!! Love your tumbler quilt!!! Wow, the water level is so low!!! Beautiful pics!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh! That turned out so very nice.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great way to test out your new Bliss upgrade using the Rhapsody panto. Lots of swirly curves, etc. Looks great! G

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Kathy, the tumbler quilt came out great, love the panto. How lucky to live on a lake, I just love your pictures, looks so beautiful and peaceful!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Glad to know the Bliss was worth it! Can't wait for mine...I could use the 20 pound loss!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. what a beautiful lake. Nice quilt in autumn colours.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love that panto on your tumblers, really works so well. I'm so pleased for you that you are enjoying your Bliss so much. I can't blame you for going out on the lake on such a gorgeous day. The lake is like a mirror! I can see what you mean by the lake being much lower than usual, and I'm always amazed at how clear your lake is......beautiful. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Just admiring your tumbler quilt. Love the colors. I am just wondering what size template you used. I want to make one and I really like the look of yours.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Just admiring your tumbler quilt. Love the colors. I am just wondering what size template you used. I want to make one and I really like the look of yours.

    ReplyDelete