Thursday, February 2, 2017

Stellar–Pattern Number 9

s2

Lori and I are happy to present Stellar, our newest pattern from Highway 10 Designs.   This one is designed for the intermediate quilter in mind and even though it looks like it is sewn with curves they are all straight seams!  The magic is using the Tri Recs rulers that create the illusion of curves.    This quilt measures 92” x110” so is great for a quilt for yourself or a gift from someone special. 

s5

I encourage you to go and read Lori’s blog post here  as this is her quilt and she did all the beautiful quilting.  She shares the whole story from what inspired her to make it to how she picked the quilting designs.  I was her trusty assistant on this one.  I first told her that she might want to rethink her original border fabric chose ( I didn’t like it) and fortunately we were at a retreat and could go shopping to find a new one.  We were both happy with the new choice.    I helped with the pattern writing, counting pieces and verifying all the charts.  Once Lori was ready to quilt it we tossed around quilting ideas and once finished she sent it home with me for a photography session for the cover shot and blog post,  my favorite part!

s4

s11

s12

The pattern is now available as a PDF download in our Etsy shop.

Stellar

I have to say it looked really good on my bed so Lori is very lucky I gave it back!   Now I’ll have to make one for myself! 

s7

3 comments:

  1. Je suis en admiratin devant les quiltings que vous faites. C'est magnifique. Mais j'aime aussi votre blog pour les photos superbes des aurores boréales, ça fait rêver. La nature est elle aussi magnifique. Béatrice

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations, Kathy and Lori on the release of Stellar. Not lonely is the design stellar, but so is the quilting. Anxious to see this beauty in person.

    ReplyDelete