Thursday, August 12, 2010

Lizards

I have a confession...I had a UFO but now it is finished.  I made this Wheel of Mystery kit at a guild retreat a year ago and I wasn't happy with it so I just tucked it away with my fabric. ( I don't like the red fabric in it).  I found it last month when my sister B was visiting and I asked her if she wanted it...she said YES!  So I added the borders using my reject dyed backing fabric from my beach quilt and it worked really well.
B said it didn't matter how I quilted it so being the 'little sister' i quilted lizards on it!!  Yes I said lizards! See, lizards!
This is a really cute panto I have had for a year and I really wanted to quilt it.  I am glad I tried it and maybe it will remind B of her years living in Bermuda!!  Right B.
I bought his panto at Urban Elementz and it is called Lounge Lizards.

6 comments:

  1. You have a lucky sister, Kathy. Glad to see this UFO has been completed and has a new home---you will rest easier now. The lizard panto is really cute. A

    ReplyDelete
  2. You did an excellent job quilting this terrific quilt...your sister is very lucky!! Besides, you got a UFO out of your studio and you got some new quilting practice in :) win-win!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kathy, I just love how you always add a special touch to everything -- and a lizard is surely a special touch! LOL! Your hand-dyed fabric looks perfect, as if you had made it for this quilt in particular. I hope you will tell me more about fabric dyeing next spring -- hint, hint! Happy Quilting, my friend!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks great. Love the lizard panto.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Absolutely LOVE this quilt!! Especially the red in it. It really is spectacular. You can see the movement of energy in it. The lizard panto is a super unexpected surprise!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I LOVE this quilt! Yes, including the red. Was this a paper pieced pattern? I would love to make one.

    ReplyDelete