Monday, April 4, 2016

Chic Sisters Quilted

chicsister

Got the binding finished up this morning on my Chic Sisters quilt so it’s all done!  My focus, since getting home, was to finish this quilt so I could get it to Wendy so she can hang it in her Fabriculous booth at the Manitoba Prairie Quilter ‘Quilt Reflections’ Show this coming weekend in Winnipeg.   I plan on driving down for the show and stopping in Dauphin to pick up Lori, so I’m looking forward to a fun girls weekend.   I’m hoping to get a chance to meet up with my blog readers and quilting clients from that area so if you’re going to be at the show please say ‘Hi’.  I’ll be hanging out at the show Friday afternoon and Saturday afternoon.

chic4

Don’t let this blue sky fool you, it was –22’c this morning and we had fresh snow fall this weekend!    Spring has not sprung here yet! 

chic1

I pieced this quilt using Zen Chic fabrics called Modern Background Essentials and Sew Kind of Wonderfuls Quick Curve Ruler.

I stitched in the ditch around the pinwheels and then added the feathers.  Quilted the background with swirls.   I used three different colours of So Fine thread, a light beige on the light fabrics, a medium grey on the grey fabrics and teal on the teal pinwheels.   Batting is Quilters Dream Blend

chic2chic3chic7chic6chic5chic8

5 comments:

  1. Chic Sisters looks gorgeous on the new fallen snow with the bright spring blue sky. That pop of teal is just perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kathy, so modern! I really like the blend of greys.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's perfect Kathy! Have fun this weekend!

    ReplyDelete