Monday, July 29, 2013

‘Curve It Up’ Quilted

 curve1

Finished quilting my Curve It Up QAL quilt this weekend and am working on hand stitching the binding down now.  This was a fun QAL to be part of and a big thanks to Jenny and Helen for creating it.   My goal with this quilt was to use up some of my hand dyed fabric scraps but I don’t think I put much of a dent into that stash!  I also hand dyed the background and used 4 different commercial batiks to piece this quilt.

curve2

I picked Mimosa for the panto design and used a light green thread which blended well with all the light and dark colors.  Quilters Dream Blend batting and a beige/teal Stonehenge for the backing.

curve3 curve4

10 comments:

  1. Your Curve it up turned out so beautiful!
    Saskia

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very nice... love the colours :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. The thread has blended well. Looks good.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just gorgeous Kathy!! Love all the colors and the fabrics you chose!

    ReplyDelete
  5. It looks beautiful Kathy. I have just got my ruler and also bought a couple of patterns so looking forward to giving it a go. Your kitchen looks great as well.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Way to get your quilt done! It's beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Kathy: Wow! Fantastic quilt and beautiful quilting. You have such creativity!

    ReplyDelete
  8. That's a great panto for that quilt .. nice movement. But I'm also in awe of those gorgeous windows that are in the background. Is this part of a great room that looks out onto the lake?

    ReplyDelete