Friday, October 26, 2012

Blogger’s Quilt Festival Fall 2012


chevron1
If your visiting from the Bloggers Quilt Festival welcome to Tamarack Shack!    I am a longarm quilter that loves to make all types of quilts….traditional, modern, appliqué, curved, paper pieced, etc.   My blog is my journal of all the quilts I have worked on as well as the quilts I have finish for my clients so you never know what you’ll see next!

The quilt I picked to share on the festival is one I made recently and was surprised at how much I liked it when it was done. It started as a quick weekend project so I could try a new quilting design that I learned in Angela Walter’s quilting class on Craftsy.  I just loved her swirl design so took the class so I could see her quilt it out.  I find I can pick up a design quicker if I can see it being quilted. 

chevron2
So I pieced this Chevron quilt using my favourite fabrics…batiks!     This is my first attempt as Angela’s swirls and I just love the texture they create.  I then balanced the swirls with the straight line quilting in the bright batiks so that the swirls could shine.

chevron3
I enjoy dyeing fabrics as well and was lucky to have a bright green hand dyed fabric ready to use for the binding.
The back of the quilt is always fun to share too!

chevron4chevron5
I enjoy having fun with my photography and making sure you can see the quilting when I post pictures on my blog.   I had a few request to share some photography tips and if your interested you can read that post here.

chevron6
So a quick ‘practice’ quilt has now turned into a cute baby quilt that I will be giving for a Christmas gift to a new family member! 
I love it when the quilting makes the quilt, but I’m a bit bias about that.  ;)

Hope you enjoy the rest of the festival.   Thanks for stopping by.


Bloggers Quilt Festival Stats:
Finished quilt measures 32” x 36”
Quilted By Me
Best Category: Baby quilt, Photography

30 comments:

  1. I love the fabrics you've used on this quilt - brilliant

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that your quilting never competes with the piecing, but makes the piecing and the quilting work together to make the finished quilt gorgeous. This quilt is no exception!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this quilt!! The piecing is simple, but the quilting makes it amazing!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The swirls are amazing! Great quilt, thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for sharing-- this is so gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  6. love that chevron and the quilting is smazing

    ReplyDelete
  7. You have done it again, loss for words BEAUTIFUL!!
    Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  8. LOVE this quilt! It will be a perfect gift :o)
    I really enjoy all your photos, it's so nice to really see the texture of the quilting close up. I agree with you on the 'watch and learn'. I'm not so found of reading, I love learning from a video or people do things 'in real life' to show quilting.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow, the quilting is amazing! Love the photos too.

    ReplyDelete
  10. That is amazing - I love the quilting, it defineatly compliments that quilt!! Great job

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love this - your quilting is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love it Kathy....your quilting on this is fab...just right, my Granddaughter and I are making a similar quilt right now for a new baby boy!
    As usual your photography makes for great eye candy too!

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is a beautiful quilt. The batiks you have used are gorgeous and the quilting is stunning.

    ReplyDelete
  14. le tue trapunte sono sempre speciali!
    Ciao

    ReplyDelete
  15. Kathy

    Oooh, thank you for adding all the photos. The quilting really really makes this quilt pop. Some new little one (or big one!) will be so blessed to receive such an amazing quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  16. This is STUNNING!!!! You had me at the chevrons, and then the quilting is just amazing! Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Beautiful quilt, I love batiks, too! They work perfectly in this chevron pattern!

    ReplyDelete
  18. It is lovely - the quilting is divine - something I so must learn to do! Thanks for sharing. #263

    ReplyDelete
  19. Beautiful quilt with the bright batiks. Love the quilting too.

    ReplyDelete
  20. What a wonderful quilt - and your quilting is superb!

    ReplyDelete
  21. This quilt is beautiful. I love the fabrics, the design and the quilting! In short, all of it! What beautiful work you do!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Really pretty, the quilting just takes it over the top!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Perfect quilting and amazing colors!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Love your choice of fabrics! really effective.

    ReplyDelete
  25. Love the quilting and I'm taking the same class from Angela. I was wondering if you remember if you purchased the pattern or if it's available online somewhere? I thought this might be fun to do as well!
    Thanks
    LauraT

    ReplyDelete
  26. Hey, Kathy - would it bother you if I tried this quilting motif out on my domestic in a baby quilt for my sister?

    ReplyDelete