Saturday, March 31, 2012

Urban Nine Patch Quilted!!


I quilted my Urban Nine Patch quilt today.  I was having some trouble decided on how to quilt this one as I wanted to keep it gender neutral but once I got over the idea that "feathers are feminine" I just had fun with it!


Jenny's Urban Nine Patch Quilt Along is on week #8 but I knew if I didn't make all the blocks at once I might not get an opportunity to participate so I worked ahead  ;)


I SID around all the piecing and wanted the yellow rings to pop.  I did a mix of straight line quilting, CC's, feathers and fern feathers in the outer border.


I now have my favorite rock back from hiding under the snow all winter :)


Love how the back looks on this too.


It poured rain last night and has been above freezing all day so our ice is now covered in water. That is not open water.   Yes the quilt was soaking wet when I was done taking pictures...good thing it was my quilt :)


 I hope to get the binding on in the next couple of days.

18 comments:

  1. Kathy....I love how you quilted this. Very cool. I can't wait to quilt mine up. I love all the designs you used. Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. As always, you found just the right quilting to work with the piecing. The quilt is gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful quilting! I'm always amazed at your pics with the ice and snow! it makes a great backdrop.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Stunning quilting Kathy! I need to get the borders on mine & get crack-a-lackin on the quilting!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Really like how your quilt turned out! The colours flow together so well and your longarm quilting design choices are perfect! Just in time for the quilt show... right! G

    ReplyDelete
  6. Kathy I was just thinking...I needed to post some quilting design options for you...apparently you did not need any ;o) Love it Kathy...I love your feathers and your straight line stitching in the diamonds! Just so beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the quilting, you are so talented ..
    Have a nice Easter ..

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a beautiful quilt - you have done a fantastic job quilting it - love it - well done

    ReplyDelete
  10. Fabulous Kathy, I love that diagonal shot, I got my ruler but am just a bit busy right now...so many quilts so little time!

    Kay in Scotland

    ReplyDelete
  11. Very Nice Kathy, good to see that you are finding time to do something for yourself. The last photo of the quilt makes it look lide it is floating on a cloud

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beautiful Quilting Kathy! And your photography and setting for the pictures is stunning....

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love the quilting! It is so soft and the back is really beautiful, too! Great take on a neat block!

    ReplyDelete
  14. that is crazy gorgeous. I'm drooling

    ReplyDelete
  15. Great quilting, I love those fern borders..... great inspiration.

    Janette

    ReplyDelete
  16. You are a girl after my heart...look at all those feathers!!!! I love how you quilted your version!!! It's the first time I've seen feathers using the Quick Curve Ruler. LOVE it!!!!!! You are genius.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Absolutely gorgeous! Wow! You should be proud of yourself! It is almost too pretty to use....very nicely done. I can admire it, but the sewing would probably be too hard for me with the curves. C

    ReplyDelete