Monday, June 11, 2012

A Great Deal!



I finished my circle quilt (I don't have a name for this one yet) and used a panto design called Raindrops.  It seemed appropriate for all the rain we are getting.  This afternoon I had a window of about 15 minutes of blue sky to take a few pictures.



It has a spot hanging in my Shack for now, I'm not sure how long it will stay there as I might have other plans for it.
The Raindrops panto was a free one off Lisa Calle's website, here is the link.  I just printed it out 18 times and taped together in two rows to make this size of a panto.


I have more exciting news today.  Do you remember the photos my husband took of the Northern Lights this winter, well our neighbor Ron is a wonderful painter and he made an oil painting of Tim's picture. Well I saw the painting for the first time today and just fell in love with it.  Ron was more than happy to make a deal with me on it.  It is so great to have a painting by Ron and one that has personal meaning to us. 

I LOVE IT!!!


 I found the perfect spot.  And I'm sure Ron's wife Raye will be very happy with the deal we struck....yes she is a quilter and a regular client of mine!  :)


 



11 comments:

  1. painting is wonderful, I am sure you will enjoy it.. You sure whipped that quilt throught the machine fast, looks great. I don't think I have ever seen you use that panto before.

    ReplyDelete
  2. A great rendition of Tim's photo. Congratulations, Tim, Ron, Kathy and Raye for your part in this "deal"! A great location for your new artwork, Kathy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kathy, love the circle quilt and your new painting.....well that gave me the chills!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lots to love in this post. Nice photo, nice quilt, beautiful artwork. I love my original Ron Watt painting. I'm glad you get to own that one!

    ReplyDelete
  5. oh fabulous painting-I do remember those photos -fantastic.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great panto for your quilt! Very wet here in Cooks Creek too! Maybe you should name your quilt, "Rain Drops Are Falling On My Head". Lol! I do remember the northern lights photos, they are spectacular and the painting is amazing. Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love this quilt, and great choice to quilt it with. Thanks for the link!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Картины завораживают, что-то необыкновенное. Одеяло прекрасное.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Kathy: How awesome for two artists to be able to exchange their gifts! Beautiful painting of the Northern Lights. Wow. And Stunning circle quilt. It looks awesome in your Shack!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love this quilt, and the painting. Both are beautiful

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thanks for the free panto from Lisa's site. Great! The picture is incredible!! Stunning!!

    ReplyDelete