Thursday, August 25, 2011

Summer in the Park Quilted


I quilted my SITP quilt yesterday and used a new pantograph called Mimosa.  I realized I didn't have any binding picked out but I have a good collection of batiks from my trip, I'm sure one of those will work.  Then I had that thought that I am sure most of you all have had ..."I can't cut into that fabric, it's new and I really like it"!!!!     **  I can't believe I just thought that.  What was I thinking, if one works I'm cutting into it!  Really I will!  

So I dig through my batik stash this morning and found the perfect binding fabric....whew it's an older fabric!
But I'm sure if it was a new fabric I would have cut into it, well I'm pretty sure I would have ;)


Love the Shadow Play fabric I bought for the backing.


Mimosa is an Urban Elementz design.

8 comments:

  1. I like how you haven't put any borders on the quilt so the pattern seems to float out the edges. Oh, and I totally understand your stash/new fabric dilemma.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this Kathy...hope this is a keeper???

    Best Wishes
    Kay in Scoltand

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love it!!!! I especially like the panto, might have to add it to my collection!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful job, Kathy. Your new panto is just the treatment needed for Summer in the Park. I also hear the musings of a true "stasher". It was only a matter of time. A

    ReplyDelete
  5. love the quilting! great panto

    ReplyDelete
  6. WOW, that was fast, love the panto, mine is still in pieces, guess I'de better get going before I forget how I did it!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Absolutely stunning... like the panto you chose for your quilt! G

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh no! Another quilt I have to make.... and another panto I have to buy! Jenny

    ReplyDelete