Saturday, April 13, 2013

Go Cutter – Isosceles Triangle

reunion2
It’s been awhile since I used my GO Cutter so I dug it out along with a fat quarter collection I bought last year called Reunion by Sweetwater.    I thought it would make a cute little boys quilt as it has a nautical theme and I used the Isosceles Triangle GO die shape as it reminded me of nautical flags.   I was able to cut out 17 triangles out of each fat quarter and also cut triangles out for the background using Kona Snow fabric.   I quilted free hand wavy lines across the quilt to look like wind or waves.  I thought about adding the odd swirl but decided against it to keep the design simple.   Quilters Dream Blend batting and White So Fine thread on top and bottom.
reunion8reunion7
My neighbours have a nautical themed yards so made for a handy backdrop for my pictures!  The backing and binding are a yellow fabric I had left over from the backing of my 5 Minute Quilt and it matched the yellow in the quilt perfectly.
reunion6reunion3reunion1
I have a second bundle of this fabric but in a different color way so might make another one but save that for our guilds next UFO day.  This was intended to be for that day but I got carried away and finished it in one day, from cutting out the triangle to the finishing binding,  it’s a quick project to do!  I machine stitched down the binding which I rarely do but I am happy with how it looks .  The finished size is 35”x51” so would fit nicely in a crib.

21 comments:

  1. What a cute and fast way to make up a cuddly every day use quilt for a little one. I have a new grandson coming in a few months and nautical would work very well for him. Great choices with fabrics and quilting as usual!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Какое красивое одеяло!!!))

    ReplyDelete
  3. very nice! I have a one quilt only that I made with triangles but I love the look so need to make another with scraps!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I was thinking of buying an accuquilt go . I think it would help the accuracy of my seams, if I'm actually starting with perfectly matching pieces. Please could you tell me the dies you use the most. In England it is possible to buy bundles with lots of dies but I'm not sure I would use them all.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a lovely little quilt; excellent choice of quilting!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You do outstanding work! Just beautiful and thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love it - it really does look nautical!

    ReplyDelete
  8. You chose the perfect quilting for that quilt. Love the nautical theme. I think I need to make a few small quilts next. I've been in the large quilt zone lately. The machine stitched binding is very tricky..still can't master it. I just chopped off the binding of one of mine because I just didn't like the finish of it.

    ReplyDelete
  9. The quilt turned out so beautiful with the quilting. Looks so soft!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Very nice, and this is one of my favorite fabric lines!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. It's gorgeous and I love the wavy quilting you did!

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a great quilt! I love the white. I am getting tired of seeing all the grey fabric backgrounds (like granite counter tops). :-)
    Looks like you still have a ton of snow. Us too. Yuck.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love the triangle quilt, perfect for a baby quilt! Did you use a pattern? What size are the triangles?

    ReplyDelete
  14. Donna- I used the GO cutter Isosceles Triangle die to cut out the shapes then laid out the triangles how I wanted, no pattern.

    ReplyDelete
  15. This is beautiful as well :) I wonder what size the triangles are...

    ReplyDelete
  16. I don't have a Go Cutter so what size are the triangles? boehmja@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  17. I love the quilting. Did you use a ruler? If so, which one?

    ReplyDelete