Saturday, December 26, 2015

Fair Isle Quilt


My Fair Isle quilt, a pattern by Freshly Pieced, is all done!  I quilted it on Christmas Eve and started the binding that night and finished it Christmas morning.  It was nice have some hand work while sitting by the wood stove drinking eggnog!    I quilted it with the Bora Bora panto as this will be a winter cuddle quilt on my couch and I have already been using it a lot as our normal winter temperatures have arrived!   -20'c during the day and down to -30'c at night so the house is cool.





I used Quilters Dream Blend batting, white So Fine thread on top and white Bottom Line on the back.



I wanted to share a Christmas gift I received from my husband this year.  I discovered a quilter that makes and sell camera straps on IG and just love her work.  Her website is called Jodie's Camera Straps and you can find her shop here.  She has a huge selection to chose from and the straps have a bit of padding so more comfortable than the strap the comes with most DSLR cameras.  

Here is the beauty that it have!  Just love it!







9 comments:

  1. A wonderful strap for your camera!!! And your quilt is amazing!
    Greetings, Rike

    ReplyDelete
  2. The quilt turned out fabulous! Yummy camera strap.......I might need a camera first!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful display on the snow, love it, and finished in time, Your camera looks so similar to mine, I have made lens cap holders, well one for me, and some for friends, to fit onto my strap,as if without a handy pocket, the cap is a nuisance in my hand.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's a beautiful quilt! You did an amazing job with it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fabulous quilt, and your setting for pictures is always so amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Quilt looks great with your colour choices and pattern adjustments. Swirl quilting so appropriate for the winter motif of the quilt.

    I bet it would be easy to look up some nice old charted knitting patterns and make a quilt or two.

    Thanks for the post - lovely camera strap!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your quilt turned out wonderful. Nicely done.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful! Both the quilt and the setting! Lovely new camera strap too.
    Happy New Year Kathy!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh i Just LOVE LOVE LOVE that quilt!!! It looks so at home there on the ice too!!! COngrats on a great finish

    ReplyDelete