Thursday, November 28, 2013

Hugs and Kisses Quilt

sheri1

This is Sheri’s Hugs and Kisses quilt and she used the Hello Luscious fabric collection by Basic Grey.   She asked if I could quilt it similar to the one I made this spring, you can see that one here.  I changed the design slightly and I’m much happier with Sheri’s, good thing I practiced on mine first!   I evenly spaced the diagonally lines on Sheri’s quilt and added more petals on the flower motif which filled in the diamond shape nicer.

sheri2 sheri3sheri4

The snow has been falling and falling,  it looks like it’s January here!    I had taken this picture of a bench in my yard on Nov 4 and then today….the snow is now up to the seat!    I also cleared of a patch of ice on the lake today and there might be hope for the ice yet.  It is rough but I hope by getting snow off it will have a chance to thicken up now that it is exposed to the cold air.   It still only about 5” thick and you should have heard it cracking as I was shovelling it!  :)

bench1

16 comments:

  1. Sheri's Hugs and Kisses has turned out very pretty. Beautiful quilting as usual. There is more snow on its way apparently. Everything is so white and gorgeous it is hard not to feel lighthearted like the snow.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous! Beautiful fabrics and design. I love your quilting on this, Kathy. The design really complements the quilt and has me wishing I could reach through my screen and touch it. :o)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Another beauty! When you do the diagonal lines, are you rolling the quilt as you go or stopping and starting within the throat space?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I zig zagged across! I started at the center of the X, then down to the next center and then back up to the next X center and continued across like that. Hope that makes sense!

      Delete
  4. It's been looking like January here too, although January here looks different than January there. But at least it's sunny, which is a nice change for November!

    How do you sew those long straight lines on the longarm? Do you zig zag and try to match the points? It's a perfect quilting design for the quilt.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Man, I should read the other comments. Yes, I see that's what you did!

      Delete
  5. I like the centred lines too. I will remember that when I quilt mine. Were you worried the ice would break when you were shovelling the snow?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nope! The ice is thick enough to walk on, no worries!

      Delete
  6. What a beautiful quilt - both you and Sherri did great work on it.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful quot and quilting! So much snow! Is 5" thick ice thick enough to walk on?

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love those diagonal lines! Walks you through the quilt! Lovely quilting!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'd love the pattern and even a tute! It is gorgeous and I'd love to make it for my nephews little baby girl coming soon!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'd love the pattern and even a tute! It is gorgeous and I'd love to make it for my nephews little baby girl coming soon!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi! Where can I buy your pattern?
    Kelda Teasdale
    keldateasdale@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete