Thursday, July 25, 2013

Kitchen Reno – Almost Done!

reno4

Since a few of you are asking for a kitchen reno update, here it is!  My installer has been here working on the crown mouldings and you can still see the blocks of wood and tape holding it while the glues dry.  He’ll be back on Friday to do the touch ups.  I now have all my things back in my cabinets and even have room to spare!  Love the inside of the drawers and cabinets as they have a wood finish, not white.

reno2

We discovered that we were short on the light rail moulding so he will order more and when that comes in he will install that.  Not a big deal.  You can in the next picture the area that still needs to be finished.

reno1

   Here is the set of drawers that are waiting for the new handles from the measuring mistake.  I can easily open the drawer from the side for now.

reno3

Here is a close up of the counter tops, I am so relieved that I love them as that was the hardest decision off  all.  I picked a medium color to blend with the flooring and stainless steel sink.

reno6

  Next decision…what tiles to use for the backsplash?   Here is a link to the ones that I love but are way too expensive ( $25/tile).

reno5

Though I would end this with some before and after pictures.

BEFORE/AFTER

kitchen3areno8( In the future I can see a quilted wall hanging on the panel where the fridge is!)

BEFORE/AFTER

kitchen1reno10

BEFORE/AFTERkitchen2reno9( I’m loving the new counter space to the right of the stove, don’t miss the pantry at all!)

Once we get the skylight area mudded and textured to match what is on the ceiling already and then painted that will make a big difference too. Also new lighting will be going up to help brighten the space since we lost so much light from losing the skylights.  I won’t bore you with anymore kitchen pictures until EVERYTHING is done, so that might be a month or so. It just so nice to have a functioning kitchen again :)

15 comments:

  1. The new kitchen looks so great! Love it! So happy for you to have gotten so far, now you can enjoy it :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy for you, really nice renovation, amazing how the view changed

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! Very nice, very nice indeed!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your new kitchen. Looks wonderful. I was thinking "I bet she loves that extra countertop space beside the stove" then I read that you do love it! If you can swing the money at all, those tiles would look fantastic. You won't regret the splurge. I like the medium colour, so that all the vertical surfaces are not all white.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think I have the same counter top as you. Reno looks great.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wonderful kitchen! Looks really functional!

    and your quilt in the previous post is lovely! Can't wait to see how you'll quilt it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. oh I love seeing the before/after pictures! The whole area looks so fresh! Lucky you! Definitely see a quilt hanging along the fridge side!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you for the before and after pics. I love it!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great to see your remodel. Can you mix the expensive tile with a less costly one? I've done that a few times and it's worked great!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your new kitchen looks fantastic. Am looking forward for the quilt you see already ;-)
    Saskia

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful, Kathy!!! I love it!!! Classy and modern.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wonderful new space. It looks so good. Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow! Oh my gosh - what pretty changes. :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. I LOVE it! It is so much more open and spacious feeling! Just beautiful! You must be so pleased! Congrats!

    ReplyDelete