Tuesday, May 2, 2017

Magic Tile Quilt

jd1

This is Jeannie’s Magic Tile quilt and the pattern is by Kathleen Bissett.  Jeannie used lovely bright coloured fabrics with a solid black insert fabric to create the blocks.  This is a great pattern to add to your ‘To-do “ list if you have never made one, I’ve made two over the years.

jd2

I used Mimosa for the pantograph, blue So Fine thread and Quilters Dream Blend batting.

jd3jd4

The lake ice is turning grey and I am staying off it now.  Should have open water in our bay in about 10 days!

jd5

5 comments:

  1. So beautiful! The colors just pop! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Totally stunning. And the ice, very slushy and not safe at all, hope the bears know that too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. this is a beautiful quilt, where can I buy the pattern

    ReplyDelete
  4. I absolutely love this pattern. I took a course for it many years ago but because it was quite involved the teacher divided us up into groups & only the advanced quilters got to put it together. I was the ironer!!! I just found the instructions again while sorting my sewing room & have it on my soon-to-do list.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Floor tiles that have been installed over flooring with existing cracks will also crack in all the same places. As the old, cracked flooring shifts and continues to deteriorate, it moves the newly attached floor tiles with it, causing them to break. carrelage bois

    ReplyDelete