Tuesday, April 29, 2014

Baby Quilts Plus a Special Birthday!

   sandy1
I was giving a few small baby quilts to finish this week, there seems to be a lot of babies arriving this month in town.   The first one is Sandy’s and she made this top with a few non-quilters but I would have never known if she didn't tell me.    The pattern is called The Amazing Jelly Roll Quilt by the Three Dudes, there is a YouTube video by Missouri Quilt Company here.   I did freehand 3’s and E’s in a light yellow So Fine thread.  Yellow must be my thread of choice these days!
sandy2sandy3
This next one is Crystal’s and she wanted light custom and puffy!  I used Dream Puff batting and she brought a Polar Fleece backing.  I don’t mind Polar Fleece on small quilts but it is too stretchy for larger one.  It is so nice to see my rocks again, the snow has been disappearing fast now that we are getting 12’ highs.
crystal1crystal2
And I wanted to share one more thing with you, today is my husbands 50th birthday!!  I can’t believe he is 50, he really doesn’t look it at all in my eyes!  We were able to celebrate Tim’s birthday a few weeks ago when we were in Winnipeg with family and here is my favourite picture from that day. Happy Birthday Tim!
tim birthday

6 comments:

  1. What a nice man your husband looks, and I quite agree he doesn't look 50. Happy Birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. love those baby quilts! Happy Bday to your husband!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I baby quilt sono stupendi!

    Auguri dall'Italia per Tim!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am with you - he could pass for 25 ;-) (seriously - he really doesn't look 50!)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I would really like to know what the name of the first baby quilt is... thanks

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I contacted my client and she said it is called The Amazing Jelly Roll Quilt Pattern by the Three Dudes.
      Here is the link to the Youtube video by Missouri Quilt Company.
      https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L5Ixvjje310

      Delete