Here is a 70’s flashback for you….remember liquid embroidery? Wendy created this cute Flower Girls using liquid embroidery many, many years ago and had no idea what to do with them so they just sat in a box. Well now that she caught the quilting bug this year she got them out and made a quilt with them! She framed each block in green and used strips of bright fabrics on the diagonal for her setting blocks.
She asked that I do not quilt across the girls and since I had never quilted over liquid embroidery I agreed. I used Invisifil thread to SID around them and stippled the background. For the setting blocks I quilted in the ditch using green So Fine thread.
It has been snowing and cloudy here so hard to get a good picture of the quilting but I did loops in the red inner border and ferny feathers in the outer green border.
I was at our guilds quilt retreat this weekend and finished a new quilt top. I am hoping to put it on my machine tonight and quilt a simple panto on it. Once I have that done I’ll share pictures and it’s story!