Monday, April 22, 2013

Reunion Quilt #2

  triangle1On the weekend, while it was snowing AGAIN, I finished another Triangle quilt using my second Reunion fat quarter bundle.  This grouping was in a different color-way than the first quilt I made and I substituted one fabric.  They had added a solid grey to the mix but I swapped that one out for a bright red that I had in my stash…the only red I had in my stash that wasn’t a batik.  I was happy with how well it blended in.
triangle2 triangle3I quilted this one with free hand swirls to be different from the first quilt.   I had a Kona grey in my stash that I had bought for another quilt but it didn’t use but it matched this quilt very well.  Here is a look at the two quilts together.
triangle5 snowWe received about 10cm of snow on Sunday. This is not uncommon here but I am starting to wonder if spring will ever arrive?

17 comments:

  1. Я в восторге от ваших одеял! И от фотографий на снегу!!! Пересмотрела весь блог :)
    Хорошего дня!
    Вика с Украины.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are not alone in wondering if spring will ever get here. It's not much better here (Prince Albert, Sask.). Woke up this morning and it was -11C. Really?
    And we had snow on the weekend too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very pretty. No snow here but sure is cold.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love both the quilts. Very nice... however I think I like the wavy quilting better than the swirls. Seems to suit the quilt better. Love reading your blog. Keep it coming... :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Have faith with spring. I know it seems unlikely that winter will leave this year! We are farther south here, and I just noticed today that the grass is greening up nicely, though it is quite late this year. We were so spoiled by a nice spring last year. Love both your quilts, quite striking.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your quilts are always so lovely to look at. I love your quilting.

    ReplyDelete
  7. We are surrounded in fresh white too on top of the old white! I love seeing the same quilt with different quilting... so amazing how it changes them.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your swirls is so perfect! Love both of the quilts you've made!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Can't decide which I like better, the swirls or the wavy lines:)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Really like your Triangle quilts... interesting how the addition of the green on your second quilt changes the whole look. Maybe that green will bring warmer weather your way! Now how did you manage to lay down your quilt on the snow for a photo without making footprints... amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Morning Kathy! Love the red you added to the second quilt, really adds some pizzazz, yet it's very complimentary. Funny how we buy a backing for one quilt, then don't like it, but works on another quilt down the road. Just proves STASH is IMPORTANT! At least, that's my story and I'm sticking to it.

    ReplyDelete
  12. They are nice! I love the contrasting quilting, but the very complementary colors. That gray is awesome for the back. :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. What lovely quilts! I know you're sick of the snow, but it looks beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Is there a particular pattern for this? Love both of them.

    ReplyDelete
  15. No pattern, I used my Isosceles triangle GO die cutter.

    ReplyDelete