Wednesday, April 10, 2013

Curve It Up – Block #12 - Spools

block 12

Here is the last block in the Curve It Up Quilt Along!!  You can find the instructions for Block #12 – Spools Block here.   I approached this block differently and wanted the 4 batiks that I used in the quilt to be the focus.  One spool in each pair highlights one of the fabrics and the second spool has all 4 fabrics pieced together.  I’m very happy with how it turned out.   I now have to patiently wait for Jenny and Helen to post some layout ideas as I think these blocks need some sashing to make it bigger and frame each block.

curve it up

I was hoping this project would put a dent into my hand dyed fabrics but it didn’t!   It was fun to try though :)

9 comments:

  1. Kathy--I just love seeing any and all of your work. This project is moving higher on my list all the time. Of course, mine won't be as lovely as I don't have those wonderful hand dyed fabrics. I do have a collection of batiks that I will probably use.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This looks fabulous. I really must give some of these blocks a go!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was hoping you would have them all together! It looks really good! I want to change one of my blocks before I play around with the layout.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Think you are right about the sashing:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow!!!!! I can't say anymore...just Wow!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your blocks turned out so great! Look forward to see how the layout will be. And hope to finish the ones I've missed soon!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Kathy: Wow! Awesome Curve it Up Quilt Along quilt blocks. Did you end up having to dye some more fabrics? Love the colours!!!
    And that bare rock again with the Spool blocks. Hints of spring are in the air (or photo :)

    ReplyDelete