Friday, October 12, 2012

Sweetness

norma5

This is Norma’s Cupcake quilt and all I could think about was cupcakes when I was quilting it!!

norma4

I have had my eye on a particular panto for some time now and when this quilt came through my doors I knew I finally had a reason to order it.  The panto is called Sweetness and is by Beany Girl Designs.   I know I’ll be using it again as I bought this cupcake fabric collection in a fat quarter bundle at our guilds Quilt Show in the spring.  I want to make a Log cabin quilt and fussy cut a cupcake in the center of each block!sweetness2.5

Norma asked for Dream Puff batting to make it  light and fluffy as the quilt is for a little girl. I used pink So Fine thread and pink Bottom Line for the backing.

norma6

You can really see the puffy quilting in the early morning light in this picture.

norma1

  And here is a better picture of the piecing when the sun is not as intense a few hours later.

norma3

4 comments:

  1. That quilt turned out just so sweeeet! Love it!
    Happy weekend :o)
    Ps! I'll post a few Autumn photos for you on my blog tomorrow ;o)

    ReplyDelete
  2. too darn cute! i've never used dream puff...usually hobbs 80/20...is dream puff much puffier?? :) karen

    ReplyDelete