Sunday, October 21, 2012

Island Sunrise #1

 lynn1

It’s been a very busy week so I haven’t had much time to take pictures of the quilts I have been working on.  The constant rain the past two weeks hasn’t helped that either!  On Tuesday we had our guild meeting which is a full day of activities and on Thursday I taught a class on how to paper piece.  Then on Saturday our guild had a 6 Hour Quilt workshop, we worked with a partner and all the groups finished two quilt in less than 5 hours.  I also learnt how to make fabric bowls that you use as a hot pad around a bowl that you put in the microwave. My boys are always commenting how hot bowls get in the microwave when reheating leftovers so I know they will get a lot of use here.  I have made 3 sets  since last night!!  I tend to get obsessed about a craft when I’m first taught it.  I’ll be teaching this project at our next guild meeting in November and will post a tutorial on my blog after that as it is such a great idea and would make great xmas gifts.

The quilt above is Lynn’s Island Sunrise quilt that she made at the guild’s Judy Niemeyer workshop last month.  I know I’ll probably be getting a few of these so decided to start numbering them!  Lynn wanted a overall design so the piecing can shine.

lynn2

We decided on the Curlz panto and I had a great Lava variegated thread in teal and beige that blended beautifully into all the fabrics.  That is always a challenge when doing an all-over with light and dark fabrics.

lynn3

I just love the colors in Lynn’s quilt, teal and brown are one of my favourite combinations.

lynn4

3 comments:

  1. Gorgeous quilting on a gorgeous quilt! I love the pantos, they make any quilt looks so great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice looking quilt Kathy, the panto used for this quilt really suits it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. beautiful quilt Kathy...the colors in this quilt must have been inspired by your Good Morning post on the 16th...check out the colors! just perfect!!

    ReplyDelete