Monday, October 22, 2012

Bali Love Song in Teal

wendy2

And the Bali Love Song quilts just keep rolling into the Shack!!  I’ve lost track of how many I have quilted this year.  This one is Wendy’s and she said the fabric colors reminded her of the sea so I picked Mimosa for the panto.  It looks like crashing waves and was the right scale of a pattern for this small lap quilt.

wendy1

Wendy requested a variegated thread and I had a purple King Tut that had  just the right shades of purple.

wendy3

So have your heard about Jenny and Helen’s Curve it Up Quilt A Long using the Quick Curve Ruler?   Jenny has posted the first block here.

I have been trying to find some fabric in my stash that would work and I think I have finally come up with a plan.  I have 6 batiks and a pile of my hand dyed fabrics, now I just need to dye some background fabric and then I can get started. ..but what color???

Curve it up

4 comments:

  1. I really like the addition of the hand dyes to your pile of batiks. I think you should try lightening the blue that is third from the left and the second brown from the right to see if they would work as a background.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my...I am so excited about your fabrics...I have been eyeing Jenny's curve designs and would absolutely love to see a version in batiks and hand dyed fabrics.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Kathy! I just had a peek at Jenny's site. OMG! I just love the curved block, beautiful and unique. I just might have to join in! I guess I'd have to order the ruler to be able to participate. Looks like fun. Your fabrics really go well together, especially love your dyed fabrics. I'm partial to the mossy greens, the first two from the left. Just something to consider for your backgrounds. Have a great day and stay covered in threads, my friend!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I agree with Lori--a nice lighter version of the 3rd one would be great. Or for a nice contemporary look--how about a light gray/taupe mixture?? Don't know how hard to dye that color. I hope to join this sew along too!! Maybe civil war prints--mixing the old with the new style piecing might be fun!!

    ReplyDelete