Sunday, May 8, 2011

Simple Simon


This is Michele's Simple Simon quilt and she is my first client from my new website.   I was so excited when she emailed to ask if I would quilt her quilt, I wasn't sure I would get any business from the website. Great to know it is worthwhile having.  I find it more challenging though to quilt for someone you have never meet or know their quilting style but I think I asked enough questions and she knew what panto design she wanted so that made it easier.


Michele asked for my Big Leaf panto and wanted me to choose the border design. I decided to cross hatch the border as the print on the fabric was very detailed and I didn't want the quilting to distract from the fabric design.  I used a gold coloured cotton thread.



4 comments:

  1. The quilted leaves show up beatifully on the cream.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great job Michele creating such a lovely quilt. I like the leaf panto! Kathy you did it again... very nice!! G

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ooops, forgot to say "Happy Mother's Day" Kathy... G

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wonderful job quilting Kathy! I'm glad your website is pulling in work for you and awards for your sister :) Happy Mothers Day!

    ReplyDelete