Monday, February 21, 2011

Tablecloth Quilt


Sandra made this amazing 'Fruit and Veggie 'quilt for her daughter Heather and it will be used as a tablecloth.  I know Sandra was collecting fruit and veggie fat quarters for awhile and it is so neat to see this one come together as she was working on it at the last guild retreat.  I have never thought about making a tablecloth out of a quilt but now that I have seen Heathers on my table I can see making one in the future!


 I used 'lettuce green' thread for the top and 'lemon yellow' thread for the back since the backing is all lemons.   The panto is called Splash and seemed very appropriate for the theme of the quilt.


2 comments:

  1. Nice, what did you put in for batting? Has to be soft, it has a nice draping effect.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Suzan I used Quilters Dream Select 100% Cotton batting. It is thin but works well for this purpose and I like using it with flannel quilts too.

    ReplyDelete