We had a lot of snow fall this week so I thought I would look at the bright side and not grumble about shoveling and play with more snow dyeing. I did two 1 metre pieces with the screens and was very happy with the one pictured above. It was made with 1 tsp Fuchsia in 1 C water, 1 tsp Navy in 1 C water and 1/2 tsp Grey in 1/2 C water. Each poured on separately. Here is a close up.
The second piece has beautiful color but also has what I call 'muddy' patches where the texture is lost and it is more solid. I used 1 tsp Burgundy in 1 C water, 1 tsp Cerulean Blue in 1 C water and 1/2 tsp Grey in 1/2 C water. I love the color combination but wonder why some areas lost the snow dye texture.
Found a great use for my boys hockey net!Here is the gorgeous fabric collection I splurged on. I bought 1 metre of all 8 fabrics in the collections and the great thing is ... if I need more I can just go back and get it! No more depending on online orders for everything.