Wednesday, March 3, 2010

To Dye For

Look what Lori and I accomplished today!!!!  We are using new fabric from the Wazoodle website and we are FINALLY getting the results we wanted, no more nasty white spots.  Yesterday I dyed two pieces of fabric that turned out soooo ugly that I just about gave up on this new adventure! But today really made up for all those failed experiments and we are working in the right directions now.  Just look at those vibrant colors, the texture is right and we don't have to redye any of it.  One of our main problems was the weave of the fabric we started with last week, that is what was causing the white patches as the dye just couldn't move throught the fabric.  When I poured the dye into the first jar with our new Wazoodle fabric I couldn't believe my eyes.....the fabric just suck up the dye water like a sponge....I could almost hear it slurping....okay maybe it was me making that noise but it was great to see :)   Here are some close ups to show you the texture we achieved.


I have been quilting too, I should have the next quilt off the frame in a day or two.

1 comment:

  1. WOw! This is awesome. I bet you two were only stopped by running out of fabric. A

    ReplyDelete