Friday, January 8, 2010

It Worked!


As you can see I was able to find the right button and stretch my blog layout so I have more room. 
This is my clients Thimbleberry lap quilt and I used the Ruffle Flower Panto on it with Green Thimbleberry thread.  When I first grabbed the thread I was pleasently surprised how well it matched the quilt and then when I was taking it off the machine I realized it was Thimbleberry thread...duh, of coarse it matches!!  It is scary how many moments like that I have been having!
I also finished this cute baby quilt for a client yesterday and had a lot of fun with it.  I used Highlights thread which has a nice shine to it and tried a new border design from Darlene Epps quilting handbooks.  Those books are a must for any longarm quilt, so many ideas.
 

2 comments:

  1. Congratulations with the blog adjustment. I stopped by last night and went, oh, oh, I had better wait until morning. Not a good idea to be in a construction site! Congratulations as well on your first anniversary. It has been a busy, exciting year for you. I am glad that you are going to allow yourself more time to enjoy your passion for yourself. It is only right so that a passion doesn't tranform into a burden. Love your work as always. I'll need an inservice on the stain glass trick. Keep warm. A

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks A! I read too many stories about longarm quilters burning out quickly and I don't want that to happen to me.
    I'll draw you at picture of the path I used for the stained glass quilt at the guild meeting.
    Just remind me :)

    ReplyDelete