Friday, September 18, 2009

Back to Work



It's the middle of September and summer has finally decided to show up, making it a bit difficult for me to get back to my quilting studio. Part of me would rather be sitting on the dock with my feet in the water but as you can see I did get back to work. School didn't start until the 10th so i do feel behind on my quilting, so I'm assuring my clients that if their quilts aren't ready that's okay!! I have quite a few that were dropped off at the end of June so I'm starting those first.
These photos are of a clients Mystery quilt and she arranged her blocks differently than mine. I find this pinwheel layout calls for an all over design. I wanted to mention thread color here as I have been told that some longarms don't like using different color thread on the top and bottom. I don't agree with that. I used a bright blue/green on the top and a dark brown on the bottom and as you can see in the last picture if you get the tension adjusted just right there are no 'pokies' of top color on the backing. Any light areas on the back are just bits of batting poking through not the blue top thread.
In non-quilting related news...my oldest son just turn 13 today, I am now the mom of a teenager!!

No comments:

Post a Comment